Toyota Org Chart and Sales Intelligence Blog
Toyota Org Chart & Sales Intelligence Blog
Toyota Motor Corporation
Toyota Motor North America, Inc. (TMNA)
6565 Headquarters Dr.
Plano, TX 75024
United States of America
Phone: (800) 331-4331
Toyota Blog Highlights
Toyota Announces Changes to Executive Structure, Senior Management Responsibilities, and Organizational Structure
Holly Walters Promoted to Chief Information Officer and Group VP of Information Services at Toyota Motor North America
Toyota completes $1.3 billion modernization project at Indiana facility
Social Media properties
Latest Toyota Earnings Call Excerpts
May 12, 2020
Executives In Attendance
- Kenta Kon - CFO, Chief Officer, Accounting Group & Fellow, Advanced R&D and Engineering Company
- Masayoshi Shirayanagi - Senior Managing Officer, Chief Officer, External & Public Affairs Group and Purchasing GroupAnalysts in Attendance
- Akio Toyoda - CEO, Chief Branding Officer, President & Representative Director
- Shigeki Terashi - Chief Competitive Officer, Chief Project Officer & Director
- Koji Kobayashi - Chief Risk Officer & Director
Analysts In Attendance
- Sean McLain - Wall Street Journal
- Yukihiro Omoto - Nikkei newspaper
- Yasuhisa Shimashita - Analyst
- Hans Greimel - Automotive News
- Tadashi Isozumi - Yomiuri Newspaper
- Hiromi Osada - Chunichi Shimbun
- Consolidated financial results for the fiscal year were net revenue of ¥2,929.9 billion, operating income of for ¥2,442.8 billion, pretax income of ¥2,554.6 billion and net income of ¥2,076.1 billion. Due to the spread of COVID-19, net revenues were decreased by ¥380 billion and operating income were decreased by ¥160 billion.
- In the year immediately after the start of the global financial crisis, vehicle sales decreased by 1.35 million units for a year-on-year decrease of approximately 15%, to which was added an impact of the strong yen, resulting in our falling ¥461 billion into the red.
- During the period, management had to change in an uncharted era. Toyota took measures to fundamentally revise executive and organizational structure, including the introduction of an in-house company system, establishment of Seven Samurai, which is the President and 6 Executive Vice Presidents structure, and discontinuance of the post of Executive Vice President.
- In the current COVID-19 crisis, Toyota forecasts a decrease in vehicle sales of 1.95 million units for a year-on-year decrease of more than 20%, which would be greater than the decrease during the global financial crisis. Toyota forecasts a profit with an operating income of ¥500 billion.
Toyota Earnings Call on May 12, 2020 (Sessions 1 & 2):
Toyota Annual Report Highlights
Annual Report for Fiscal Year-End March 31, 2020
|Takeshi Uchiyamada||Chairman of the Board of Directors (Representative Director)|
|Shigeru Hayakawa||Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors (Representative Director)|
|Akio Toyoda||President, Member of the Board of Directors (Representative Director)|
|Koji Kobayashi||Member of the Board of Directors (Representative Director)|
|Shigeki Terashi||Chief Competitive Officer; Chief Project Officer; Chief Officer, Toyota System Supply; Chief Officer, Toyota ZEV Factory; Director, Hino Motors, Ltd.|
|James Kuffner||Chief Digital Officer; CEO at Toyota Research Institute Advanced Development (TRI-AD)|
|Ikuro Sugawara||Member of the Board of Directors, Toyota Motor Corporation|
|Sir Philip Craven||Member of the Board of Directors, Toyota Motor Corporation|
|Teiko Kudo||Senior Managing Executive Officers, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation|
In 2019, to further advance its acceleration of management and the development of a diverse and talented workforce, Toyota made executive and organizational changes as follows.
- Executives comprise only senior managing officers and persons of higher rank.
- A new classification called “senior professional/senior management” was created, replacing the following titles and ranks: managing officer, executive general manager, (sub-executive managerial level) senior grade 1 and senior grade 2 manager, and grandmaster.
Currency in JPY
|Fiscal Year Ends||31-Mar-20|
|Most Recent Quarter||30-Jun-20|
|Total Annual Revenue|
|Return on Assets||1.97%|
|Return on Equity||7.62%|
|Quarterly Revenue Growth||-39.80%|
|Gross Profit||5.41 Trillion|
|Quarterly Earnings Growth||-76.70%|
|Book Value Per Share||123.5|
- Launched the nationwide rollout of Toyota Share car-sharing service and Chokunori! Toyota rent-a-car service in Japan.
- Reached an agreement with Subaru on new business and capital alliance
- Concluded an agreement with Suzuki to form a capital alliance
Transformation into Mobility Company
Based on the J-ReBORN Plan, launched in 2016, Toyota and its domestic sales companies aim to revitalize Japan as a whole as well as on a regional basis. To this end, Toyota is shifting its focus from sales channels to sales regions. We are looking to revise our structure and work styles accordingly.
These efforts kicked off in Tokyo, where changes in mobility services are already the most advanced. In April 2019, Toyota merged four directly managed dealers in the region to establish Toyota Mobility Tokyo.
Toyota is Full Steam Ahead on Initiatives to Promote BEVs
The Toyota ZEV Factory is an internal organization created by bringing together the EV Business Planning Department, which began as an internal start-up, and the previously separate FCEV team. The Factory is charged with the planning and development of developing plans for BEVs.
Check out the Full Toyota 2019 Annual Report
More on Toyota...
- Toyota Deep Dive Sales Intelligence Report (167 pages)
- Toyota Contact Info
- Toyota Org Charts on Corporate Structure, Executive Leadership, Sales Leadership, Marketing Leadership, Finance Leadership, HR Leadership, Supply Chain Leadership, Technology Leadership, R&D Leadership, Manufacturing Leadership, etc.
- Toyota Financial insights
- Toyota SWOT Report
- Toyota Technologies in Use
- Toyota IT Budgets
- Toyota Social Media Profiles
- Toyota Sales Triggers Events
databahn builds customized deep dive account intelligence reports to help sellers and marketers eliminate costly research time and build pipeline opportunities. databahn focuses on large and complex Fortune 500, Fortune 1000, Global 2000, State Government, and Higher Education organizations. databahn's highly experienced research team is located in beautiful Nashua, New Hampshire. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org