6 points on Qualcomm's IoT acquisition history
- Qualcomm is acquiring NXP for $47 Billion. NXP had previously acquired connected car competitor Freescale Semiconductor for $11.86 Billion in 2015.
- Qualcomm's acquisition of CSR gave them strength in Bluetooth and audio processing thus creating an asset for Qualcomm's IoT and automotive chip business. Connected vehicles is the fastest growing IoT segment.
- Qualcomm acquired chipmaker Ikanos for $47 Million in May 2015.
- Ikanos specialized in broadband chips for connected homes and was integrated into Qualcomm's Atheros division.
- Qualcomm acquired Atheros for $3.1 Billion in January 2011.
- Qualcomm Atheros specializes in low-power consumption wireless and connectivity chips for the connected home and other IoT technologies. See the complete slideshow here.
Download the Qualcomm IoT Company Research Report here.